The 2018 Timeline Festival will be held on the weekend of Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st of October 2018 at Kryal Castle, near Ballarat in Victoria. Re-enactors are welcome to attend on Friday the 19th, which is our traditional re-enactors only day (for registration confirmation and set up). You can keep up to date with information on the public event via Facebook, just click the button below to get to the event page
Members of the public are welcome to wear their own costumes to the event and also highly encouraged to visit the Living History Village outside of the castle and mingle with the reenactors. The Living History Village (on the terraces to the right of the castle) features over 300m of living history displays. As well as the Viking and Medieval villages, there will be a full metal combat arena (this just has to be seen to be believed), a 14th century tavern, a blacksmith forge, period traders and market stalls and various displays of crafting, period cooking and historical displays.
Inside the castle, there will be more period traders and merchants as well as a host of activities in the main arena and around the castle which include the mounted skill at arms competition, the Castle Jousters, NVG Viking combat, Napoleonic black powder (musket) display, The Pioneers Challenge (Musket and Axe), The Knattleikr (A tradiitional Viking ball game) and all of the traditional Castle activities , a traditional archery competition and a whole range of other activities for you all to enjoy.
Key activities for the 2018 event include:
- Mounted Melee / Joust of War
- Military Equitation Australia “Mounted skill at arms”
- Medieval Full Contact Combat (HMB)
- Viking Knattleikr Tournament (Traditional viking ball game)
- Traditional Craft / Market Stalls
- Living History Villages (Viking and Medieval)
- Over 300m of Living History Encampments and Displays
- Traditional Archery Competition
- Live Action Role Play Combat
- Working Blacksmith Forge
- Children’s Entertainment
- Food, Drink and Refreshment Tents
- Period merchants and traders
- And much more!!!!!